Tornados fall to Northern Kentucky, 5-4March 8, 2010
Hilton Head, S.C. - The Brevard College men’s tennis team split the singles matches with the Norse of Northern Kentucky, but the Tornados fell in two of the three doubles matches in falling, 5-4.
Brevard falls to 1-5 on the season, while Northern Kentucky improves to 3-2.
Dorian Feron and Jarred Fisher provided Brevard with their lone point in the doubles matches, defeating Lee Lonergan and Jimmy Caccamo at No. 3 doubles, 8-3. However, Northern Kentucky took the points at No. 1 and No. 2 doubles as Lance Koetter and Guillaume Berman defeated Jonathan Kuhn and Cole Altizer 8-2, while Tyler Fraser and Ricardo Weaver topped Scott McCormick and Andrew Thompson, 8-6.
McCormick overcame Koetter at No. 1 singles, winning 6-3, 6-3. Altizer and Shane Apps provided Brevard’s final two points at No. 5 and No. 6 singles, with Altizer topping Loneran 6-4, 6-0 and Apps defeating Caccamo, 6-3, 6-2.
Northern Kentucky completed the win, taking points at No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 singles to finish the match.
The Tornados are back on the courts on Tuesday, March 9th, as Brevard faces Malone College at Hilton Head, S.C. with first serve coming at noon.
1. Lance Koetter/Guillaume Berman (NKU) def. Jonathan Kuhn/Cole Altizer (BC) 8-2
2. Tyler Fraser/Ricardo Weaver (NKU) def. Scott McCormick/Andrew Thompson (BC) 8-6
3. Dorian Feron/Jarred Fisher (BC) def. Lee Lonergan/Jimmy Caccamo (NKU) 8-3
1. Scott McCormick (BC) def. Lance Koetter (NKU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Guillaume Berman (NKU) def. Jarred Fisher (BC) 3-6, 6-4, 10-6
3. Ricardo Weaver (NKU) def. Andrew Thompson (BC) 6-2, 3-6, 10-6
4. Tyler Fraser (NKU) def. Dorian Feron (BC) 6-3, 3-6, 10-8
5. Cole Altizer (BC) def. Lee Lonergan (NKU) 6-4, 6-0
6. Shane Apps (BC) def. Jimmy Caccamo (NKU) 6-3, 6-2