Davis finishes second at the WSSU Spring Golf ChallengeMarch 22, 2010
Lewis also on podium after finishing fourth in the event
Winston-Salem, N.C. - The Brevard College men's golf team followed up a solid first day performance in the WSSU Spring Golf Challenge, finishing the two-day event with three golfers finishing in the top ten as the Tornados finished second overall, 10 strokes behind tournament winner High Point.
Joshua Davis led the Tornados on day two, carding a 75 on the par 71 golf course to finish three strokes back of tournament medalist Curtis Brotherton.
Parker Lewis finished up the two-day event on the Winston Lake Golf Course, carding a two-round 152, +10, to finish on the podium in fourth.
Thomas Rennie rounded out the group in the top ten, finishing eighth, improving on his first round by six strokes in shooting a 76 on Sunday to finish with a 158 on the course.
Michael Stamper and Mike Jones rounded out the group with Stamper finishing in a tie for 15th with a two-day score of 164, while Jones finished 22nd, carding a 173 for the tournament.
The Tornados are back on the links on Sunday, March 28th, as the travel to Wingate.
Fin. Team Total Par
1. High Point University 303 307 610 +42
2. Brevard College 305 315 620 +52
3. Winston-Salem State University 331 318 649 +81
4. N.C. Central University 344 315 659 +91
5. Hampton University 366 344 710 +142
Fin. Player Team Total Par
2. Joshua Davis Brevard College 71 75 146 +4
4. Parker Lewis Brevard College 70 82 152 +10
8. Thomas Rennie Brevard College 82 76 158 +16
t15. Michael Stamper Brevard College 82 82 164 +22
22nd. Mike Jones Brevard College 82 91 173 +31