Fisher records singles victory in Tornados loss
Brevard falls to The Citadel, 6-1
Brevard, N.C. - Jarred Fisher picked up a victory in singles for the Tornados on Wednesday afternoon at the BC Tennis Complex, but the Bulldogs took the other five singles matches and the point at doubles for the 6-1 victory.
With the loss, the Tornados fall to 6-8 in the 2010 season, while the Citadel improves to 6-12.
Dorian Feron and Scott McCormick pushed Alberto Diaz and Yufo Sutantio to the limit at No. 1 doubles and Andrew Thompson and Jonathan Kuhn took Joshua Cook and Luis Morett to the wire, but the Tornados were unable to overcome their opponents as both sets fell 9-8. Cole Altizer and Fisher fell to David Orces and Derek Dickey in the final doubles match as the Tornados entered singles play behind 1-0.
Fisher’s victory at No. 4 singles was the lone point for the Tornados on the day, as the junior from Prime Rose East, South Africa defeated Cook, 7-6, 4-6, 1-0 (10-6).
The Tornados are back on the courts on Thursday, April 8th, as Brevard travels to Jefferson City, Tenn. to take on Carson-Newman College. First serve between the SAC opponents is scheduled for 2:30 p.m.
1. Yufo Sutantio (CIT) def. Scott McCormick (BC) 7-6 (5), 6-3
2. Alberto Diaz (CIT) def. Cole Altizer (BC) 7-5, 6-3
3. David Orces (CIT) def. Jonathan Kuhn (BC) 6-3, 6-1
4. Jarred Fisher (BC) def. Joshua Cook (CIT) 7-6 (4), 4-6, 1-0 (10-6)
5. Derek Dickey (CIT) def. Andrew Thompson 6-4, 6-3
6. Luis Morett (CIT) def. Shane Apps 6-0, 6-4
1. Alberto Diaz/Yufo Sutantio (CIT) def. Dorian Feron/Scott McCormick (BC) 9-8 (5)
2. David Orces/Derek Dickey (CIT) def. Cole Altizer/Jarred Fisher (BC) 8-3
3. Joshua Cook/Luis Morett (CIT) def. Andrew Thompson/Jonathan Kuhn (BC) 9-8 (3)