Tornados fall on the road against Pfeiffer, 6-3
MacNeil and McCormick remain undefeated in singles action
Misenheimer, N.C. - Pfeiffer led 2-1 after doubles play and held on throughout singles as the Tornados fell for the first time in the 2011 season at the Knapp Tennis Center, 6-3.
Shane Apps and Jarred Fisher took home the lone doubles victory for Brevard (1-1), defeating Ben Hunter and Stephen Tyndel in the #3 doubles position, while Philip Lawson/Johan de Wit and Sid Kaushik/Luis Villalta won the top two doubles positions for Pfeiffer (2-0), giving the Falcons the advantage heading into singles play.
Scott McCormick and Sam MacNeil remained undefeated on the season in singles action as McCormick defeated Lawson at the #1 singles spot, 6-2, 6-1, while MacNeil defeated Kaushik at the #3 position in straight sets, 6-2, 7-6 (7-4). However, Pfeiffer took home the final four singles contests as de Wit, Hunter, Villalta and Tyndel gave the Falcons the victory.
The Tornados travel to Greenwood, S.C. and Lander University for their next match on Friday, February 25th. Doubles play on The Joe Cabri Courts is set to begin at 2:30 p.m.
1. Scott McCormick (BCM) def. Philip Lawson (PUM) 6-2, 6-1
2. Johan de Wit (PUM) def. Cole Altizer (BCM) 6-3, 6-3
3. Sam MacNeil (BCM) def. Sid Kaushik (PUM) 6-2, 7-6 (7-4)
4. Ben Hunter (PUM) def. Jarred Fisher (BCM) 3-6, 6-0, 7-6 (7-1)
5. Luis Villalta (PUM) def. Jonathon Lavelle (BCM) 6-0, 6-0
6. Stephen Tyndel (PUM) def. Shane Apps (BCM) 6-2, 4-6, 11-9
1. Philip Lawson/Johan de Wit (PUM) def. Cole Altizer/Sam MacNeil (BCM) 8-6
2. Sid Kaushik/Luis Villalta (PUM) def. Scott McCormick/Jonathon Lavelle (BCM) 9-7
3. Shane Apps/Jarred Fisher (BCM) def. Ben Hunter/Stephen Tyndel (PUM) 8-1