Tornados continue to roll with 9-0 win over Chestnut HillMarch 7, 2011
Brevard was able to sweep Chestnut Hill 9-0
Hilton Head Island, S.C. – The Brevard College men’s tennis team swept their second straight opponent on their trip to Hilton Head Island as they defeated Chestnut Hill College 9-0 on Monday afternoon.
The Tornados moved to 3-4 on the season and 2-0 on their spring trip.
Brevard was able to take the first three doubles matches with relative ease. Scott McCormick/Beau Wills took their #1 doubles match over Mario Gutierrez/Juan Farah 8-1. Sam MacNeil/Cole Altizer didn’t drop a game against Adrian Avena/Pat Joson as they took the #2 doubles match 8-0. Jarred Fisher/Shane Apps took the three spot with an 8-3 victory.
In singles action, Wills was the first to take his match as he defeated Maneul Ceniceros 6-1, 6-0 at the #4 spot. MacNeil sealed the win for Brevard as he took down Farah in the two spot, 6-1, 6-2. Altizer was the next to win his as he dropped Joson 6-3, 6-4 in the four spot. Fisher and McCormick took their singles matches by a score of 6-2, 6-1. Due to time restrictions, Apps was only able to play an eight game pro-set. Apps didn’t drop a game in his match as he won 8-0.
Jonathon Lavelle competed in an exhibition match with Mike Pecoroco and was able to pick up a 9-7 win.
Brevard College is continues their spring trip bright and early on Tuesday morning as they face off with Millersville at 8 a.m.
1. Scott McCormick (BCM) def. Mario Gutierrez (CHCM) 6-2, 6-1
2. Sam MacNeil (BCM) def. Juan Farah (CHCM) 6-1, 6-2
3. Cole Altizer (BCM) def. Pat Joson (CHCM) 6-3, 6-4
4. Beau Wills (BCM) def. Manuel Ceniceros (CHCM) 6-1, 6-0
5. Jarred Fisher (BCM) def. Julius Twyman (CHCM) 6-2, 6-1
6. Shane Apps (BCM) def. Jeramy Solema (CHCM) 8-0
1. Scott McCormick/Beau Wills (BCM) def. Mario Gutierrez/Juan Farah (CHCM) 8-1
2. Sam MacNeil/Cole Altizer (BCM) def. Adrian Avena/Pat Joson (CHCM) 8-0
3. Jarred Fisher/Shane Apps (BCM) def. Mauel Ceniceros/Julius Twyman (CHCM) 8-3