Tornados fall in first conference match on season, 7-2April 6, 2011
Dillman and Prata record singles victories over Mars Hill
Mars Hill, N.C. - Claire Dillman and Michelle Prata won their singles matches, but it was not enough as the Tornados suffered their first South Atlantic Conference defeat of the season at the hands of Mars Hill College at the Hart Tennis Center, 7-2.
The Tornados fall to 12-6, 5-1 in the South Atlantic Conference, while Mars Hill improved to 7-5, 4-2 in conference action.
Mars Hill swept all three doubles matches before heading into singles action. Dillman took the first BC point on court no. 3, defeating Ona Jane in straight sets, 6-1, 6-1. Prata closed out the BC scoring on court no. 4, winning in three sets, 7-5, 2-6, 10-6.
The Tornados return home to Brevard, N.C. and the McCoy Tennis Complex as they host Lincoln Memorial on Friday, April 8th. The match on Friday will begin after the Senior Day festivities as the Tornados recognize Lindsay Shaeffer for her four year contributions to the BC women’s tennis program. Doubles competition is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m.
1. Erika Pinate (MHCW) def. Lindsay Shaeffer (BCW) 7-6, 6-1
2. Tatiana Dualiby (MHCW) def. Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) 6-7, 7-6, 6-4
3. Claire Dillman (BCW) def. Ona Jane (MHCW) 6-1, 6-1
4. Michelle Prata (BCW) def. Anna Rickenbaker (MHCW) 7-5, 2-6, 10-6
5. Jacqueline Rouquet (MHCW) def. Jennifer Nyman (BCW) 6-0, 6-1
6. Mary Nelson (MHCW) def. Elise Labus (BCW) 7-5, 2-6, 10-6
1. Erika Pinate/Anna Rickenbaker (MHCW) def. Lindsay Shaeffer/Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) 8-4
2. Jacqueline Rouquet/Tatiana Dualiby (MHCW) def. Claire Dillman/Michelle Prata (BCW) 8-6
3. Ona Jane/Mary Nelson (MHCW) def. Jennifer Nyman/Elise Labus (BCW) 8-4