Wills battles as Brevard falls to North Georgia, 7-2March 20, 2012
Tornados fall to Saints in non-conference play
Dahlonega, Ga. - Beau Wills continued his winning streak, running his singles wins to six in a row and doubles wins with Sam MacNeil to three straight wins, but North Georgia was too much for Brevard to handle as the Tornados fell in non-conference action to the Saints, 7-2.
Brevard falls to 6-8 on the season, while North Georgia improves to 11-2.
MacNeil and Wills continued their play on court no. 1 as the duo improved to 10-4 on the season as a doubles tandem as the sophomores held off Felipe Friedrich and Mateus Camasmie, 8-6. Mathew Guida Rodrigo Magan evened the score on court no. 2 for the Saints with an 8-4 win over George Finch and Stefano Giovanolli, while Giovani Santos and Brandon Sloan gave North Georgia the lead heading into singles play with their 8-2 victory over Rory Northam and Jonathon Lavelle.
Wills recorded the lone BC win in singles action, topping Casasmie on court no. 2 in straight sets, 7-6 (7-3), 7-6 (7-1).
The Saints took the final five matches in straight sets to record the win.
Brevard returns home to the McCoy Tennis Complex as they welcome Pfeiffer University to Brevard, N.C. for a non-conference match. First serve between the Tornados and the Falcons is set for 2 p.m.
1. Felipe Friedrich (NGMEN) def. Sam MacNeil (BCM) 6-2, 6-4
2. Beau Wills (BCM) def. Mateus Camasmie (NGMEN) 7-6 (7-3), 7-6 (7-1)
3. Rodrigo Magan (NGMEN) def. Rory Northam (BCM) 6-3, 6-1
4. Giovani Santos (NGMEN) def. Stefano Giovanolli (BCM) 6-0, 6-2
5. Brandon Sloan (NGMEN) def. George Finch (BCM) 6-3, 6-4
6. Ernesto Farinas (NGMEN) def. Rob Havens (BCM) 7-5, 6-2
1. Sam MacNeil/Beau Wills (BCM) def. Felipe Friedrich/Mateus Camasmie (NGMEN) 8-6
2. Mathew Guida/Rodrigo Magan (NGMEN) def. George Finch/Stefano Giovanolli (BCM) 8-4
3. Giovani Santos/Brandon Sloan (NGMEN) def. Rory Northam/Jonathon Lavelle (BCM) 8-2