Dillman keeps streak intact, but Tornados fall to Trojans, 6-3
Brevard suffers first SAC loss in 2012 to Anderson
Anderson, S.C. - Claire Dillman recorded wins in doubles and singles, keeping her SAC individual singles winning streak intact, but Anderson took five of the six singles matches to overcome visiting Brevard on Wednesday afternoon, 6-3.
Anderson improves to 9-6, 7-0 in South Atlantic Conference play, while Brevard falls to 9-6, dropping their first conference match to fall 2-1 in the SAC in 2012.
Bianca Chequin and Avery Owens gave the host Trojans their first point of the match, topping Brevard’s Ana Drummond and Elise Labus on court no. 3, 8-1, but Brevard answered with a 9-7 win on court no. 1 as Dillman and Michelle Prata topped Shelby Anderson and Camie Brunet. Lindsay Hostetter and Jennifer Nyman gave Brevard the 2-1 advantage heading into singles action, topping Lindsay Gregory and Clair Larkin on court no. 2, 9-8.
Dillman won her 13th consecutive SAC singles match, topping Brunet on court no. 1, 6-2, 6-2 to give Brevard their third point on the day, but Anderson swept the Tornados on the remaining five courts, winning all five matches in straight sets to close out the 6-3 victory.
Brevard returns home to the McCoy Tennis Complex as the Tornados remain in South Atlantic Conference play as Brevard welcomes #29 Wingate University. First serve on Saturday, March 31st, between the Tornados and the Bulldogs is set for 11 a.m.
1. Claire Dillman (BCW) def. Camie Brunet (AUW) 6-2, 6-2
2. Clair Larkin (AUW) def. Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) 6-2, 6-3
3. Avery Owens (AUW) def. Michelle Prata (BCW) 6-4, 6-0
4. Shelby Anderson (AUW) def. Elise Labus (BCW) 6-2, 6-2
5. Lauren Trumbull (AUW) def. Jennifer Nyman (BCW) 6-0, 6-1
6. Lindsay Gregory (AUW) def. Ana Drummond (BCW) 6-1, 6-0
1. Claire Dillman/Michelle Prata (BCW) def. Shelby Anderson/Camie Brunet (AUW) 9-7
2. Lindsay Hostetter/Jennifer Nyman (BCW) def. Lindsay Gregory/Clair Larkin (AUW) 9-8
3. Bianca Chequin/Avery Owens (AUW) def. Ana Drummond/Elise Labus (BCW) 8-1