Brevard College Women's Soccer Hits Road to Tangle with ConverseSeptember 10, 2013
BC seeks its third consecutive win
The Brevard College women’s soccer team hits the road for the first time when it faces Converse Wednesday at 6 p.m. at Converse Soccer Field in Spartanburg, S.C.
• The Tornados are off to their best start since 2009 and has doubled their win total from last season. BC (2-0-0) seeks its third consecutive victory for the first time since the 2009 campaign.
• On Saturday, BC junior transfer Yuki Soga continued her torrid stretch by netting two goals against Erskine in the Tornados 2-1 victory. Soga collected an assist in the teams’ win against King last Thursday.
• Senior Brittany Webster seeks to continue her outstanding career after claiming the saves leader title in the SAC during the 2012 season. Webster has amassed five saves on the season with a 1.00 goals against average.
• BC has outshot its opponent, 29-17, including a 16-8 advantage in the first half.
• Converse has lit up the scoreboard by scoring at least three goals in three of its first four matches. However, the Valkyries fell to Shorter, 3-0, Sunday afternoon.
• This marks the fifth meeting in the last five seasons between the two squads. BC has won four of those meetings, but lost a 1-0 decision in 2012. The Tornado defense has stepped up in the series by allowing no more than one goal in any match.
• Brevard was tabbed to finish 12th in the 2013 preseason coaches’ poll in the South Atlantic Conference while defending champion Lenoir Rhyne earned the top spot.
• The Tornados will be led by fifth-year coach Shigeyoshi Shinohara. Shinohara’s squad returns 16 players from last season.