Brevard College Women's Soccer Wraps Up Road Swing at USC-AikenSeptember 16, 2013
BC looks to rebound against USC-Aiken on Tuesday
The Brevard College women’s soccer team wraps up a three-game road trip with a midweek nonconference match at USC-Aiken in Aiken, S.C. Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.
• The Tornados are amidst a road trip that includes five of six away from home. BC has won more games this season (three) than it did all of last year (two).
• On Saturday, BC suffered its first loss when it fell 3-1 to North Greenville. The Tornados were held scoreless until the 87th minute when Megan Jenkins found Sarah Fonger open in front of the net. Fonger drilled home her second goal of the season.
• Five different Tornados have scored a goal this season, while Fonger, Katherine Nickels and Yuki Soga lead the team with two apiece. Lindsay Pritchard and Kasi Benskin have chipped in a goal each.
• BC has outshot its opponent, 47-37, including a 24-19 advantage in the first half.
• USC-Aiken is 2-2-0 on the season. The Pacers saw their two-match win streak come to a halt following a 2-0 loss to Barton on Friday. USC-Aiken junior forward Hannah Allison leads the offense with three goals.
• This marks the fourth consecutive season that the teams have clashed. USC-Aiken has proven victorious in the last three matches and has outscored the Tornados 7-2 during the streak.
• Brevard was tabbed to finish 12th in the 2013 preseason coaches’ poll in the SAC, while defending champion Lenoir Rhyne earned the top spot.
• The Tornados will be led by fifth-year coach Shigeyoshi Shinohara. Shinohara’s squad returns 16 players from last season.