BC Steps Out of Conference to Battle Pfeiffer
BC has won three nonconference matches this season
The Brevard College women’s soccer team travels to Pfeiffer for a nonconference battle in Misenheimer, N.C. at NE Lefko Field Wednesday afternoon at 1 p.m.
• The Tornados hit the road for their second consecutive game while the Falcons wrap up a two-match home stint. BC is 3-2 in nonconference play while Pfeiffer is 3-3 outside of Conference Carolinas play.
• On Saturday, BC saw its winless streak reach eight while dropping a 3-0 decision at Wingate. The Tornados suffered their second 3-0 loss in three matches. Wingate used three second half goals and 33 shots to claim the victory while BC remains winless in conference play.
• Offensively, Head Coach Shigeyoshi Shinohara’s team has scored more goals this year (13) than it did all of last season (10). The Tornados are 3-0-1 when producing double-digit shots and 0-7 when held to single digits in the category.
• Sarah Fonger and Clair Deese pace the squad in shots with 14 while Yuki Soga leads the Tornados in points with eight. 14 Tornados have taken a shot on the year. Fonger and Soga are tied for the team lead in goals (three) while the duo of Kaitlin Burns and Katherine Nickels has two apiece.
• Senior goalkeeper Brittany Webster has started all 11 matches this season and has racked up 41 saves and three wins for the Tornados.
•Pfeiffer is 7-5, 4-2 Conference Carolinas in 2013 while riding a three-match win streak. During the streak, the Falcons have scored 15 goals while shutting out all three opponents. PU is 2-2 at home this season while BC is 1-4-1 on the road.
• The Falcons have seven players that have recorded double digit shots while Brae Buster (31) and Kayla Rodriguez (25) pace the squad. Buster leads the team in goals (seven) while Rodriguez holds the assist lead with three. Pfeiffer holds a distinct advantage in shots in the first half, 94-68.
• The Tornados and Falcons met last season while Pfeiffer claimed a 1-0 victory. It is the only meeting between the two squads since 2008.