Tornados Visit Pfeiffer in Nonconference Dual
BC seeks its first road win of the season
The Brevard College men’s soccer team wraps up a two-match road trip when it visits Pfeiffer in a nonconference bout in Misenheimer, N.C. at NE Lefko Field Wednesday afternoon at 3 p.m.
• On Saturday, the Tornados fell to Wingate, 3-0, in a conference match and were outshot 21-3. Wingate struck for two quick goals in the 70th and 71st minute to put the match out of reach.
• BC (3-7) has won more matches this season (three) than last season (two). However, the Tornados are winless (0-5) on the road.
• Heath Turner is the only Tornado to start every match this season. Ryan McPhillips, Winston Haddock, Augusto Isern and Alec Goettl have started all but one. Turner is second in the South Atlantic Conference with 46 saves while McPhillips paces the team with five goals, 11 points and shots (16). 20 different Tornados have recorded a shot during the 2013 campaign.
• Pfeiffer sits at 5-6-1 on the season while riding a two-match win streak. The Falcons are amidst a four-match home stretch and are 3-1 at home this season. PU defeated North Greenville, 4-3, Saturday and rallied from three goals back to claim the victory.
• Eight Falcons have accumulated double digit shots on the season while Nathan Regis leads the way with 22. Regis paces the squad in goals (four) and points (10). Goalkeeper Nicolas Dulac is the only Falcon to start every match while sporting a 1.83 goals against average and 48 saves.
• BC and Pfeiffer have played each other evenly the last three matches while each team has won one match while last season’s match resulted in a 1-1 draw.
• BC head coach and Athletic Director Juan Mascaro enters his seventh season at the helm for the Tornados while assistant coach Bradley Morrison is in his first year.