Tornados Travel to Coker for Season FinaleNovember 1, 2013
BC seeks its first road win of the season
The Brevard College men’s soccer team wraps up its 2013 campaign with a trip to Coker in a South Atlantic Conference match Saturday night at 7 p.m. at Coker Soccer Field in Hartsville, S.C.
• On Wednesday, the Tornados dropped a heartbreaking 1-0 decision to Lenoir-Rhyne while the Bears scored a goal in the 81st minute via header. With the loss, BC’s late season push to the postseason ended.
• Freshman Heath Turner paces the SAC with 76 saves. Jami Uuttu, Adam Martin, Paulo Silva and Pauli Jussila will be playing their final collegiate game.
• No Tornado has started every match this season. Ryan McPhillips, Augusto Isern, Winston Haddock, and Turner have started all but one. Rhem Stubbs and Isern are the only two players to appear in every match this season. McPhillips paces the team with five goals, 11 points and 25 shots. 21 different Tornados have recorded a shot during the 2013 campaign.
• Mercelo Betcer, Silva, Uuttu, Haddock, Stubbs and Goettl have recorded double figures in the shot category this season.
• Coker (8-5-2, 5-4-1 SAC) is very much alive for the postseason and sits fifth headed into the match. With a win, the Cobras can jump to fourth or drop to as low as No. 7 with a loss. Coker is 3-3-2 at home while BC is winless (0-7) on the road. The Cobras are riding a three-match win streak and blanked Flagler, 3-0, Wednesday.
• Coker’s Daniel Jackson paces the team with 10 goals, which is tied for fourth in the conference. Jackson also paces the squad in points (22), shots on goal (23) and shots (43). Jordan Snell leads the team with four assists while six Cobras have registered double digit shots. Goalie Kyndle Cobb paces the team with 41 saves and a 1.09 goals against average.
• This is the first meeting between the two squads.