Men's Tennis is Swept by LMUApril 1, 2014
HARROGATE, TN- The Brevard College (0-17, 0-6 SAC) men’s tennis team was unable to win a set against the Lincoln Memorial Railsplitters (4-7, 2-5 SAC), losing 9-0 at the LMU Tennis Complex on April 1.
George Finch and Nathan Sabate played Stefan Hall and Alexey Minevskiy of LMU in the No.3 doubles spot. Both pairs competitively played resulting in a two point advantage for the Railsplitters duo at 8-6.
Finch also played a strong match against Lincoln Memorial’s Michael Koenen. The two went into extra sets during No.6 singles after Finch came back from a 6-2 loss in the first. The second set went in favor of BC at 6-2 and finished at 10-7 for LMU.
Guilherme Prophirio of BC only trailed by 2 after losing his first set 7-5 against Gabriel Martins then fell 6-1 in the second.
Rory Northam also finished short at 5-7, 6-3 in the No.2 singles spot for today’s match. Teammate David Taggart came close to a win after playing O. O’Sullivan-Hamill 6-2, 7-5 in No.1 singles.
The Tornados return to action when they travel to Lenoir-Rhyne this Friday. The match begins at 2:00 p.m. at Hickory High School.
Lincoln Memorial 9, Brevard 0
Apr 01, 2014 at Harrogate, TN (LMU Tennis Complex)
1. O. O'Sullivan-Hamill (LMU) def. David Taggart (BCMTEN) 6-2, 7-5
2. Marcelo Alvim (LMU) def. Rory Northam (BCMTEN) 7-5, 6-3
3. Guilherme Rocha (LMU) def. N. Nicholson (BCMTEN) 6-0, 7-6
4. Stefan Hall (LMU) def. Christoph Plasa (BCMTEN) 6-1, 6-3
5. Gabriel Martins (LMU) def. Guilherme Prophirio (BCMTEN) 7-5, 6-1
6. Michael Koenen (LMU) def. George Finch (BCMTEN) 6-2, 2-6, 10-7
1. O. O'Sullivan-Hamill/Guilherme Rocha (LMU) def. David Taggart/Rory Northam (BCMTEN) 8-2
2. Marcelo Alvim/Gabriel Martins (LMU) def. Christoph Plasa/Guilherme Prophirio (BCMTEN) 8-3
3. Stefan Hall/Alexey Minevskiy (LMU) def. George Finch/N. Nicholson (BCMTEN) 8-6
Brevard 0-17, 0-6 SAC
Lincoln Memorial 4-7, 2-5 SAC