Women's tennis drops 9-0 decision to ConverseFebruary 26, 2017
SPARTANBURG, S.C. - The Brevard College Women’s Tennis team (0-8) traveled to Spartanburg, S.C. to battle Converse College (2-7) in a non-conference matchup on Sunday afternoon. The Tornados fell 9-0 to the Valkyries.
Carmen Boone (Hudson, N.C.) had a great singles match against Carlie Peeler at the No. 4 position. Boone battled to a 7-6 loss in the first set, and then 6-3 defeat in the final set. Kelsey Kushner (Tampa, Fla.) came back in set two against Alex Schlesener at the No. 1 position, taking three games in the set, before falling 6-3, and 6-1 in the first set.
The women will take a brief break from the court before their spring break tournament in Hilton Head, S.C. The Tornados will open with Salem International University on March 5.
Results: Converse 9 - Brevard 0
3. Alex Schlesener/Steffi Kong (CC) def. No player
1. Alex Schlesener (CC) def. Kelsey Kushner (BC): 6-1, 6-3
2. Kaitlin Knight (CC) def. Sam Miranda (BC): 6-1, 6-0
3. Taylor Parrott (CC) def. Katie Hatter (BC): 6-1, 6-0
4. Carlie Peeler (CC) def. Carmen Boone (BC): 7-6, 6-3
5. Morgan Trask (CC) def. No player
6. Abby Roth (CC) def. No player