Greeneville, Tenn. - The Tornados took two of the three doubles matches, but Tusculum rallied back with victories in four singles matches as Brevard fell on the road to the Pioneers, 5-4.
Brevard falls to 4-7, 1-2 in South Atlantic Conference play on the season, while Tusculum improves to 12-2, 4-1 in conference matches.
Henrique Rodrigues and Luis Zamora defeated the top BC doubles team of Scott McCormick and Dorian Feron, but the Tornados took wins on courts two and three as Cole Altizer and Jarred Fisher topped Steven Lin and Oliver Smith, and Andrew Thompson and Jonathan Kuhn defeated Gui Carvalho and Drew Kiser to put Brevard up 2-1 heading into singles play.
McCormick avenged his doubles loss with a victory over Rodrigues at No. 1 singles with a 6-2, 6-2 win. Feron and Apps also recorded straight sets victories on courts No. 5 and 6, but Tusculum took the final three matches in closing out the win.
Brevard continues in SAC play on Wednesday, March 31st, as the Tornados host Catawba at the BC Tennis Complex with first doubles match beginning at 2 p.m.
1. Scott McCormick (BC) def. Henrique Rodrigues (TCM) 6-2, 6-2
2. Luis Zamora (TCM) def. Cole Altizer (BC) 6-2, 7-6
3. Oliver Smith (TCM) def. Andrew Thompson (BC) 6-4, 1-6, 6-4
4. Steven Lin (TCM) def. Jarred Fisher (BC) 6-3, 6-3
5. Dorian Feron (BC) def. Gui Carvalho (TCM) 6-1, 6-3
6. Shane Apps (BC) def. Drew Kiser (TCM) 6-3, 6-1
1. Henrique Rodrigues/Luis Zamora (TCM) def. Scott McCormick/Dorian Feron (BC) 8-4
2. Steven Lin/Oliver Smith (TCM) def. Cole Altizer/Jarred Fisher (BC) 8-3
3. Andrew Thompson/Jonathan Kuhn (BC) def. Gui Carvalho/Drew Kiser (TCM) 8-2