Jefferson City, Tenn. – Jarred Fisher went undefeated on the afternoon, recording a win in doubles with Cole Altizer and a victory in singles, but the Tornados were unable to overcome host Carson-Newman on Friday afternoon in falling, 5-4.
The Tornados fall to 6-9, 3-3 in the SAC, while C-N improves to 8-5 overall and 4-3 in conference play.
Fisher and Altizer provided the lone point in doubles play for the Tornados, defeating Jack Harvie and Paul Birdsong, 9-7. Scott McCormick and Dorian Feron fell to Rodolfo Schwarz and Trent Slagle, while Andrew Thompson and Jonathan Kuhn were defeated by Adriano Kira and Chris Acker to give the Eagles the 2-1 advantage heading into singles play.
McCormick opened singles play with a victory at the No. 1 spot, while Fisher and Thompson also recorded victories in singles action.
The Tornados are back in action on Saturday, April 10th, as Brevard travels to face Lincoln Memorial, with first serve coming at 1 p.m.
1. Scott McCormick (BC) def. Rodolfo Schwarz (CN) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
2. Trent Slagle (CN) def. Cole Altizer (BC) 3-6, 6-0, 6-0
3. Adriano Kira (CN) def. Jonathan Kuhn (BC) 7-6 (6-0), 6-3
4. Jarred Fisher (BC) def. Jack Harvie (CN) 7-5, 6-2
5. Andrew Thompson (BC) def. Derek Holdway (CN) 6-2, 6-2
6. Paul Birdsong (CN) def. Shane Apps (BC) 6-0, 6-3
1. Rodolfo Schwarz/Trent Slagle (CN) def. Dorian Feron/Scott McCormick (BC) 8-2
2. Cole Altizer/Jarred Fisher (BC) def. Jack Harvie/Paul Birdsong (CN) 9-7
3. Adriano Kira/Chris Acker (CN) def. Jonathan Kuhn/Andrew Thompson (BC) 8-2