Harrogate, Tenn. – Scott McCormick and Jarred Fisher each won singles matches and Andrew Thompson and Jonathan Kuhn took their doubles match, but the Tornados fell to host Lincoln Memorial on Saturday afternoon, 6-3.
The Tornados fall to 6-10, 3-4 in the South Atlantic Conference, while Lincoln Memorial improves to 14-1, 8-0 in conference play to win the SAC regular season championship.
Thompson and Kuhn defeated Zack Jones and Gabor Heredi-Szabo for the Tornados lone doubles point. The teams of Dorian Feron and McCormick and Cole Altizer and Fisher fell in doubles play as the Railsplitters held the 2-1 advantage heading into singles play.
McCormick won his fifth consecutive SAC singles match, defeating Hannes Ganss, 7-6, 4-6, 6-3, while Fisher defeated Heredi-Szabo in straight sets to provide the Tornados victories in singles play, but LMU clinched the other four points in recording the win.
1. Scott McCormick (BC) def. Hannes Ganss (LMU) 7-6, 4-6, 6-3
2. Philipp Hoffmann (LMU) def. Jonathan Kuhn (BC) 6-0, 6-3
3. Bastian Guenther (LMU) def. Cole Altizer (BC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Jarred Fisher (BC) def. Gabor Heredi-Szabo (LMU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Andras Pauko (LMU) def. Andrew Thompson (BC) 6-2, 4-6, 6-2
6. Tom Goossens (LMU) def. Dorian Feron (BC) 6-3, 4-6, 6-4
1. #25 Philipp Hoffmann/Tom Goossens (LMU) def. Dorian Feron/Scott McCormick (BC) 8-0
2. Hannes Ganss/Bastian Guenther (LMU) def. Cole Altizer/Jarred Fisher (BC) 8-5
3. Andrew Thompson/Jonathan Kuhn (BC) def. Zack Jones/Gabor Heredi-Szabo (LMU) 8-3