Brevard, N.C. - Brevard took two of the three doubles points, but were unable to overcome visiting USC Aiken on Tuesday afternoon as the Tornados fell to the Pacers, 7-2.
The Tornados fall to 6-11 on the season, while Aiken improves to 10-10 in the 2010 season.
Cole Altizer and Jarred Fisher combined to give the Tornados their first point of the afternoon at No. 2 doubles, defeating Juan Guglielmeti and Filipe Garcia, 8-6. Andrew Thompson and Jonathan Kuhn added a second point for the Tornados with their 8-5 defeat of Nicolas Markiewicz and Ben Klass as the Tornados led 2-1 heading into singles play.
The Pacers took all six singles points in coming back for the win.
The Tornados conclude the 2010 regular season on Wednesday, April 14th, as Brevard travels to Hickory, N.C. to take on Lenoir-Rhyne. First serve in doubles play is set for 2 p.m.
1. Andrade, Gregory (USCAM) def. Scott McCormick (BC) 6-3, 7-5
2. Ponce, Juan Xavier (USCAM) def. Jonathan Kuhn (BC) 6-3, 6-1
3. Markiewicz, Nicolas (USCAM) def. Cole Altizer (BC) 6-4, 7-6 (4-0)
4. Garcia, Filipe (USCAM) def. Jarred Fisher (BC) 6-2, 6-3
5. Klass, Ben (USCAM) def. Andrew Thompson (BC) 6-2, 6-1
6. Guglielmeti, Juan (USCAM) def. Shane Apps (BC) 6-3, 6-2
1. Andrade, Gregory/Ponce, Juan Xavier (USCAM) def. Dorian Feron/Scott McCormick (BC) 8-5
2. Cole Altizer/Jarred Fisher (BC) def. Guglielmeti, Juan/Garcia, Filipe (USCAM) 8-6
3. Andrew Thompson/Jonathan Kuhn (BC) def. Klass, Ben/Markiewicz, Nicolas (USCAM) 8-5