Hilton Head, S.C. - Jennifer Nyman clinched the Tornados victory on court no. 5 as Brevard topped Michigan Tech on Wednesday morning at the Hilton Head High School, 6-3.
Brevard improves to 4-4 on the season, while the Huskies fall to 4-12.
Michelle Prata and Claire Dillman opened the match in doubles play as the Tornados duo gave Brevard their first point of the match with an 8-1 victory over Natalia Lebedeva and Kira Eck. Ploy Suthijindawong and Chelsea Uganski evened the score by topping Lindsay Hostetter and Jennifer Nyman on court no. 2 with an 8-5 victory, but Brevard took the lead heading into singles, taking the match on court no. 3 by default due to the Huskies only having five players.
With a default victory on court no. 6, Brevard entered singles needing to take only two matches to record the victory. Prata inched the Tornados closer to the win, topping Eck on court no. 3 with a 6-1, 6-3 victory, giving way to Nyman’s 6-2, 6-0 win over Audrey Hutton on court no. 5, clinching the Brevard win.
Elise Labus also added a straight set win for Brevard, topping Uganski on court no. 4, 6-1, 6-2.
Michigan Tech took the final two points of the match, winning on courts 1 and 2 as Lebedeva topped Hostetter and Suthijindawong topped Dillman to put the final score at 6-3.
Brevard remains on Spring Break in Hilton Head, S.C. as they take on Davis & Elkins tomorrow.
1. Natalia Lebedeva (MTU) def. Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) 7-5, 6-1
2. Ploy Suthijindawong (MTU) def. Claire Dillman (BCW) 6-0, 6-1
3. Michelle Prata (BCW) def. Kira Eck (MTU) 6-1, 6-3
4. Elise Labus (BCW) def. Chelsea Uganski (MTU) 6-1, 6-2
5. Jennifer Nyman (BCW) def. Audrey Hutton (MTU) 6-2, 6-0
6. Ellie Bartholomew (BCW) def. No player (MTU), by forfeit
1. Michelle Prata/Claire Dillman (BCW) def. Natalia Lebedeva/Kira Eck (MTU) 8-1
2. Ploy Suthijindawong/Chelsea Uganski (MTU) def. Lindsay Hostetter/Jennifer Nyman (BCW) 8-5
3. Elise Labus/Ellie Bartholomew (BCW) def. No player/No player (MTU), by forfeit