Hilton Head, S.C. - Claire Dillman clinched the match for the Tornados on court no. 1 with a 6-0, 6-3 victory over Kristen Justice and Lindsay Hostetter, Michelle Prata, Elise Labus and Jennifer Nyman combined to drop only one set in their four singles matches as Brevard swept Davis & Elkins on Thursday morning, 9-0.
The Tornados improve to 5-4 on the season with the victory over the Senators.
Hostetter, Prata and Nyman took their matches on courts 2, 3 and 5, winning all 12 games as the trio defeated Rhiana Bruce-Lyle, Becky Price and Samantha Howell by matching 6-0, 6-0 scores. Labus added a 6-0, 6-1 vicotry over Markita Prieto.
Dillman followed with her 6-0, 6-3 victory over Justice to give Brevard the victory over the Senators, while Ellie Bartholomew completed the singles sweep with a 6-4, 7-6 win on court no. 6 over Rachel Schramm.
In doubles competition, Dillman and Prata struck first for the Tornados, winning their match over Bruce-Lyle and Julia Hoehn, 8-0. Bartholomew and Labus followed with an 8-2 victory on court no. 3, and Hostetter and Nyman closed out the Brevard sweep with an 8-3 victory over Justice and Prieto to give the Tornados the 9-0 sweep.
Brevard remains in Hilton Head, S.C. for their final match of Spring Break as the Tornados take on St. Joseph’s tomorrow morning.
1. Claire Dillman (BCW) def. Kristen Justice (D&E) 6-0, 6-3
2. Lindsay Hostetter (BCW) def. Rhiana Bruce-Lyle (D&E) 6-0, 6-0
3. Michelle Prata (BCW) def. Becky Price (D&E) 6-0, 6-0
4. Elise Labus (BCW) def. Markita Prieto (D&E) 6-0, 6-1
5. Jennifer Nyman (BCW) def. Samantha Howell (D&E) 6-0, 6-0
6. Ellie Bartholomew (BCW) def. Rache Schramm (D&E) 6-4, 7-6
1. Claire Dillman/Michelle Prata (BCW) def. Rhiana Bruce-Lyle/Julia Hoehn (D&E) 8-0
2. Lindsay Hostetter/Jennifer Nyman (BCW) def. Kristen Justice/Markita Prieto (D&E) 8-3
3. Ellie Bartholomew/Elise Labus (BCW) def. Rache Schramm/Samantha Howell (D&E) 8-2