The Brevard College men’s soccer team begins a brief two-game road stint when they travel to Aiken, S.C. to battle USC-Aiken Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m.
• The Tornados are coming off a 1-0 victory against King on Saturday. Augusto Isern scored the game’s lone goal in the 70th minute when he bended a shot into the top left corner following a feed from Jami Uuttu. Freshman goalkeeper Heath Turner earned his first shutout of the season and career while stonewalling three shots.
• BC matched its win total from last season (two) with the victory on Saturday and look to win consecutive games for the first time since Oct. 2011.
• USC-Aiken is 0-3-1 on the season following a 3-2 loss to Limestone Saturday. The Pacers have been shut out three times this year.
• The two squads are meeting for the third consecutive season. Last season’s matchup resulted in a 1-1 tie, but the Pacers bested BC, 2-1, in 2011.
• Freshman Rhem Stubbs was tabbed South Atlantic Conference Men’s Soccer Player of the Week last week following his two-goal performance against Erskine Sept. 7. Stubbs put the Tornados up 1-0 in the 40th minute before nailing the game-winner in the 116th minute.
• BC head coach and Athletic Director Juan Mascaro enters his seventh season at the helm for the Tornados.
• Offensively, Marcelo Betcer paces the team with eight shots while Paulo Silva has seven. Stubbs leads the team with two goals while Isern and Ryan McPhillips have one a piece.
• Brevard was tabbed to finish 12th in the 2013 preseason coaches’ poll in the South Atlantic Conference while nationally-ranked No. 12 Wingate earned the top spot.