The Brevard College women’s soccer team returns to action after enjoying a week off when it faces Lincoln Memorial in a crucial South Atlantic Conference match at 1 p.m. Saturday at Brevard Soccer Field in Brevard, N.C.
• The Tornados return home after playing four of its last five on the road. BC will enjoy its home confines in the coming weeks as it plays four of its next six on the home pitch.
• Last Saturday, BC snapped a four-match losing skid when it played to a tie at Carson-Newman, 2-2. The Tornados rallied twice to earn their first point in SAC play while Kaitlin Burns and Megan Jenkins scored in the 54th and 71st minute, respectively. Goalkeeper Brittany Webster impressed while she amassed seven saves on the day.
• Offensively, Head Coach Shigeyoshi Shinohara’s team has scored more goals this year (12) than it did all of last season (10). The Tornados are 3-0-1 when producing double-digit shots and 0-4 when held to single digits in the category.
• Burns (12) and Jenkins (11) are first and second in shots while 14 Tornados have taken a shot on the year. Yuki Soga leads the team in goals (three) and points (seven). Sarah Fonger, Katherine Nickels and Burns have two goals apiece.
• Lincoln Memorial is 5-2-1, 3-1-0 SAC and stepped out of conference play and defeated Trevecca Nazarene, 2-0, Tuesday. The Railsplitters are 1-2-1 on the road compared to unblemished home record (4-0).
• The Railsplitters offense has dominated their opponents on shots this year besting their opponents, 152-77. LMU has amassed 88 shots in the first half of play. Olivia Thompson and Nicole McKinney will pace the offense while the duo has accumulated 42 shots, nine goals and three assists combined. Kayla Stephens will prove to be tough in the net while she has a solid 0.90 goals against average with 27 saves.
• BC is winless in its last five matches against Lincoln Memorial dating back to 2008. The Railsplitters has blanked the Tornados in three of those contests. LMU won last year’s match, 4-0, and has outscored BC, 14-4, since ’08.