The Brevard College men’s soccer team concludes a two-match home set when it welcomes Tusculum to the friendly confines of Brevard, N.C. Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. for a South Atlantic Conference match at Brevard Soccer Field.
• On Saturday, the Tornados lost a heartbreaking 1-0 decision to Lincoln Memorial after the Railsplitters scored in the 85th minute. Four Tornados notched two shots while Heath Turner collected two saves. BC outshot LMU, 12-11.
• BC (2-7) has matched its win total from last season (two), but has suffered six consecutive losses. The Tornados are 2-2 at home, but remain winless (0-5) on the road.
• The Tornados have been shutout only three times this season compared to five in 2012.
• Turner is the only Tornado to start every match this season. Ryan McPhillips, Jami Uuttu, Winston Haddock, Augusto Isern and Alec Goettl have started all but one. Turner leads the South Atlantic Conference with 45 saves while McPhillips paces the team with four goals, nine points and is tied with Paulo Silva for most shots (12). 20 different Tornados have recorded a shot during the 2013 campaign.
• Tusculum sits at 3-5, 1-3 SAC on the season and fell 1-0 to Anderson Sunday afternoon. The Pioneers concluded a five-match home stint and are 2-1 on the road in 2013. However, Tusculum has dropped four of its last five matches, including two nonconference overtime losses.
• The Pioneers offense will be conducted by Jonathan Spicher, who leads the team in goals (four), points (10) and shots (23). Kyle Dickson paces the squad with three assists.
• BC has claimed the two of the last three matches in the series including a 1-0 victory last year at Tusculum. However, the Pioneers have shutout BC on three occasions since 2008.
• BC head coach and Athletic Director Juan Mascaro enters his seventh season at the helm for the Tornados while assistant coach Bradley Morrison is in his first year.