Jeron Gouveia-Winslow | Safeties
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech, 2012
Office Phone: (828) 884-8110
SAFETIES/ASSISTANT SPECIAL TEAMS
OFFICE: (828) 884-8110
AT A GLANCE:
- Pronounced JARE-in goo-VAY-uh
- Washington Post Defensive Player of the Year in high school
- 2007, helped lead Stone Bridge HS to a 14-1 record and a 5A State Championship
- Had 7 interceptions, 73 tackles his senior year to go along with 900 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns
- At Virginia Tech saw action in 40 games. Had 14 starts, 80 career tackles, 3 INTs, and 3 forced fumbles
- Team captain senior year as well as a three-year special teams captain for Head Coach, Frank Beamer
- Has worked as a certified trainer at Explosive Performance at the Brambleton Sport and Health Facility and Pinnacle Fitness
- Primary Recruiting: Washington DC
- Secondary Recruiting: Tide Water Virginia and Delaware
Season Team/School Position/Title
2008 Virginia Tech Redshirt Season
2009-2012 Virginia Tech Whip Linebacker
2014 Stone Bridge HS Defensive Backs Coach
2015 University of Hawai’i Defensive Line Intern
2017- Brevard College Safeties Coach/Assistant Special Teams/Weight Coach
Former Hokie Jeron Gouveia-Winslow enters his second year in collegiate coaching as Brevard’s safeties coach and assistant special teams coach. He also serves as the admissions liaison for the football department and the lead strength and conditioning coach.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in human development from Virginia Tech in 2012, Gouveia-Winslow stayed involved in football and athletic performance training as a performance coach and a certified personal trainer (American College of Sports Medicine) in his hometown of Ashburn, VA. In 2014 he was also a volunteer defensive backs coach for his alma mater, Stone Bridge High School. In 2015 Gouveia-Winslow coached alongside his father, Coach Kurt Gouveia, at the University of Hawaii as a defensive line assistant intern.
From 2008 to 2012, Gouveia-Winslow played collegiate football at Virginia Tech under Head Coach Frank Beamer and Defensive Coordinator Bud Foster. A three year starter on defense, he was the defensive and special teams captain his senior year.
Coach Gouveia-Winslow received a bachelor’s degree in human development from Virginia Tech.